Wednesday 15 October 2008

Points on arrival


Wednesday, so the rumour goes, is Trim Trail day. So there I go, thinking it sounds delightful. 'Trim' brings up images of gentle calisthenics. Perhaps we might limber up, do some light stretching and then jog gently on the spot for a while.

In fact we did start jogging on the spot... but the followed a list of things clearly designed for the infliction of pain on others. I'm sure there must be some treatment available for this level of sadism

Anyway...


Sadly there were some areas of manly working out which I was not quite able to keep up with... generally anything involving any upper body strength (chin ups, dips, funny reverse press up hanging off a paralell bar), or any level of co-ordination (attempting and failing to throw myself repetatively over progressively higher wooden beams was a definate highlight in the stakes of looking like a complete girl)...
On the plus side I was the queen of star jumps, squats, playing on the monkey bars, and lying down gently in the mud at the end of it all.
So I'm guessing tomorrow I'm going to feel pretty immmobile.....

But I figure at least I was there.

No comments: