Sunday 9 November 2008

Under my umbrella

Trim trailing in the rain is my new favourite thing. Saturday early doors, pouring rain, mud, field, monkey bars, and sprint training. Sharland is reaching new levels of sadism, pyramid sprins hitting six reps, lovely. That will make you think about losing your breakfast.

But the joy of Wandsworth Common is the bus home to my house - although the other people on the bus might not have shared my enthusiasm, picture muddy, soaked, lycra clad, gently glowing Curr on the 319 home. Oddly enough people were not gathering nearby but looked slightly aghast at my general state.

Follow that up with the most peculiar night out at Doon and the weekend has been opening whole new Horizons. Dressing up with the ladies to be surrounded by 40 somethings sucking face on the dance floor was deeply disturbing.

So, next tasks in the Everest prep will involve some serious kit buying. Fortunately my trip to Australia is close to the land of sheep, so I should get kitted out with some merino base layers. What the fashion icon I shall be a 5,000 metres. But at least that will reduce the amount of lycra.

Right... now for Sunday afternoon leaf raking. Domestic bliss or domestic incarceration?? Who decides...

No comments: